Monday, January 3, 2011

DEWANI and the tweet trickster..

http://swns.com/prankster-sets-up-fake-twitter-page-for-honeymoon-murder-suspect-shrien-dewani-141332.html


Honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani was targetted by an internet prankster yesterday – who posted sick jokes about his tragic wife Anni’s death on TWITTER.
Prankster sets up fake Twitter page for honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani
The trickster created a fake profile on the 140-character microblogging site with the user name ‘ShrienDewani’, which is illustrated with a photograph of the businessman.
In a series of sarcastic tweets, the bogus ‘ShrienDewani’ covers topics such as his sexuality, paying for two return tickets when only needing one and Anni’s insurance payout.
His profile description reads: ”I didn’t ever kill urm…whatsername? My wife…damnit. Nor did I pay anyone to do it. Also I like women. Just women. Love me some vagina. Oh yeah!”
Prankster sets up fake Twitter page for honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani
The first tweet posted on December 10 reads: ”I wasn’t caught paying the taxi driver for murder on CCTV. I was only giving him R10 000 cause I was used to taxi prices in London.”
A reference is then made to claims Shrien is homosexual with: ”I wish when The Sun asked me why I took my wife to Cape Town if it wasn’t to have her killed, I hadn’t said, ”For the Gay Nightlife””.
The prankster then uses the account to joke about deceased wife Anni, tweeting: ”I hope the insurance on my wife pays out soon. Last night I had to stay in and eat a can of beans. It’s no way for a billionaire to act.”
Prankster sets up fake Twitter page for honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani
It then goes on to add: ”My lawyer has advised that I go spend today in South East London, so if someone asks I can prove I like to hang out in dangerous places.”
And in connection with alleged links with the 2007 murder of Dr Pox Raghavjee the pseudo ‘ShrienDewani’ tweets: ”Now police are after me for a murder in the Eastern Cape. Let it go! What’s next? Arresting me for those sweets I stole when I was 10?”
The latest tweet, posted today reads: ”The worst thing about this whole ordeal is that I can’t catch a taxi anymore without the driver offering to kill someone for me. Hilarious.”
At time of publication, ‘ShrienDewani’ had more than 200 followers and had made 15 tweets from December 10 to today.